Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wednesday in Beijing-The Summer Palace

Well not much to report today...James called and said things were going well and that today they would be heading to the Summer Palace, a favorite place of mine, and then off to pick up the visa's. Visa's are normally received on the Thursday and than the families leave on the Friday..So the paperwork will all come to an end today...in China anyways...soon as they are home it starts back up. LOL....

Presley is doing well..eating, sleeping and drinking. Talks non stop...loves to jump in her stroller and go out with her Baba. The last big challenge,the flight home, is almost here. James wants to do some shopping so if there is time today he will try and hit the shops. Tomorrow should be a relaxed day and he said no matter what..he is hitting Silk Road. I don't think he has bought too much on this trip. Earring for all the girls, a CD for Kennedy of some famous young singers in China, a couple of pairs of running shoes for Presley and I think that is about it. So the next couple of days watch out shopkeepers..Mr. Cheapo is heading your way.

So they are finally in the home stretch and in 2 days will be heading to the airport as their flight leaves for 9am on Friday. So Thursday night 9pm our time they will be boarding that plane and coming home. I can't wait to see them in person. I have missed James these past 2 weeks. The kids have been wonderful and so very helpful. I actually thought it would be tough but gladly I can say it has gone very smoothly and we missed Daddy around..but we did it and we had fun.

Jagger fractured his ankle Sunday night and is now sporting a bright red fiberglass cast. He jumped off his bunkbed and was limping saying he had a sore toe. Well Monday morning he couldn't put his boot on for school and was limping..so I sat him down and checked his foot and his ankle was huge. Well we were all dressed and ready for school and work...so we waited for the schoolbus to come for the others and we left for the Children's hospital. They took xrays and well you know the rest of the story. In 3 weeks he has to go back..and hopefully it will come off.
Casts definitely have come a long way..with this one he could go swimming, go in the tub and it is not an issue at all. I was amazed. The evolution of the cast..go figure!

So that is the warm up for Miss Presley perhaps...only time will tell.

Tomorrow is my last day at work and I am certainly looking forward to just concentrating on my daughter and my family. It has been a stressful time these last months not knowing what was happening with our file in China, waiting and waiting for the famous TA...and than the long 2 week wait for her to come home to us. Finally all that will be behind us and we can move on and just be together as a family.

I thank so many of my friends out there who have shown support to us and called and sent emails helping us to hang in there. Some heard me complain on a daily basis and just didn't know what to say. I know they cared as no matter how sad my face was, they kept coming back asking me and showing that they were there for me. We did and do appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers.

2 more sleeps and my little girls will be sleeping together in their room...all of my children finally under the same roof. I look forward to her walking into our home and meeting her brothers and sisters..they are so excited..they asked me last night if I had enough love for all of them...I told them of course I did and that my love just grows and grows and that they are all so special to me. That each of them is a gift to this world and I am so lucky to have each one of them in my life. They are precious and I hope I show them that are are just that to me.

I know the next few weeks will be a little bumpy as they all find their groove with Presley joining the family. Hopefully it won't take long and everyone will adjust.

I am off for 8 weeks, James is off until the end of August. I plan to take my remaining 6 weeks in late July and return back the last week of August when the kids go back to school. That way we can be together for a good part of the summer. I look forward to that. Hopefully by then our Presley will be up and running pain free...and that she will be playing in the pool-squealing with excitement right along with the rest of the gang.

No pictures today folks...James was not able to send any. I will post more when I get some.

Hugs,
Karen

No comments: