Sunday, March 18, 2007

The journey to bring Presley home is finally over!!!!!!




Well I am so sorry to take so long in sending an update. The weekend has passed so quickly. Saturday I was up at the crack of dawn checking the storm and of course the flights to see if things were still on schedule..and they indicated they were.

Friday night around 10pm James and Brian were still at the airport with the kids and were starting to plan to spend the night in the airport..they had called many hotels and all were booked solid. I called around and was able to find them a room at the Holiday Inn Express for the night..and Brian was able to stay in the room until 2 the next day. Perfect timing for his flight which was leaving at 5pm. James left at 9:10am and arrived at 10:53am. We were waiting with red ballons and the kids were very excited. They had waited a long time.

Finally at 12:00pm James and Presley walked through the doors and the kids ran like the speed of light. Presley was sitting on the baggage cart with her red baseball hat from the Olympics 2008. She was adorable. Of course the kids and I attacked and she was a little afraid but Daddy was happy for the attention. He had missed us so much.

I kissed my angels little face over and over as she looked at me with the biggest brown eyes. She was sad, scared and so tired from the long journey home. We quickly got everyone's hats and coats on as it was snowing and cold outside and headed into the van. Presley cried for her Baba..

James was so happy to be heading home. The journey was definitely a very long haul but so worth it.

Presley is doing as well as can be expected. The whole night last night she cried off and on..and it was evident as she hugged James neck and from time to time looked at me and whaled that she was not too happy with the situation...which was not a problem for me..I understand her whole world has been turned upside down in the last 3 weeks.

Now ...her walking is very bad and she is very unbalanced...I hope that this is all related to her hips ..we will find out next Monday...on the 26th. She has problems with her vision (she reads books close up and when looking at something tends to put her chin down and raise her eyes).

Her teeth at least 8 of them are rotten and I am sure in the very near future she will require surgery to fix or remove these teeth. It is just horrendous what shape they are in. The poor thing sucks her food with her front teeth and if she has to chew anything she starts to cry. The pain is very bad. This morning she stood in my room and just put her fingers in her mouth and cried and cried. I felt so helpless.....I hugged her and cried along with her.

She has a sadness in her eyes somtiems that I can only say I have seen one time in the face of a little girl in Colby's orphanage..my little YiSu will always stay with me forever. I saw her little face and cried so hard...as she looked like she knew she was all alone in this big old world. I think Presley is missing her foster family very much and keeps it mostly inside. I feel so bad for her...and hope with time and our love that we can see the sparkle and light in her eyes.

She is a little precious soul who when she smiles and laughs..she makes my heart feel so good.

She will see the dentist for a referral on Tuesday and the cardiologist on Friday so we can find out hopefully what the issue is with her heart. Next Monday is the Shriner's for her hips and then Tuesday she sees the eye surgeon. We are hoping to see a prediatric dentist asap.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will have a good idea of the medical issues.

She is a beuatiful little girl and together we will all get through whatever she needs to do to get healthy. That is what family is for.

Say a prayer for our Presley for the next 2 weeks....

Hugs,
Karen



Presley is delayed and hopefully as many of the kids do she will bloom. I am so happy she is finally home. She is upstairs as I type this sound asleep with her Daddy...they are struggling with the jetlag and the time change.Hopefully by the end of the week...they will be back and awake on this side of the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Presley and James!!!!

Karen, thank you for the update. I will most definitely remember Presley in my prayers. She is a special little Angel who has been through so much. With your love, and with time no doubt she will 'bloom' and heal.

I am so happy that you finally have your little Presley home. What a wonderous time this is.

Hugs,

Jen

4D said...

I am SO happy to hear that Presley is home and everyone is safe and sound. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing lady and your family is as well. You will be great!

Good luck!

Keep smilin!

blandfme69 said...

Hi Karen,
What can I say... you made me smile and you made me cry. What an incredible journey to Presley! The Princess has a lot of TLC comin'...Bring on the LOVE!
Hugs,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

What an opportunity for everyone. I hope that all the doctors' visits go well, and the news is good. But more than that, I am sure the fear will fade as she integrates into family life, and all that bustle of people who love eachother.

Thankyou for updating. Congratulations again.
Leanne

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Yeah, so happy they are home.
Keeping Presley in my prayers.
Take care.
Elisa.

Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

So glad to hear that Presley and James are home.

Hope your doctor appointments go well and that Presley can get the care she needs as quickly as possible.

Man, it's been quite a ride so far!