Sunday, March 11, 2007

Monday in Beijing-Off to the doctor



Good evening all,

Well it is that time of the trip that the kids make their way to the International clinic for their medicals for their visa to get into Canada. Perhaps we will have more insight into Presley's hip issues. I am anxious to hear what was said.

The visit to the clinic is scheduled for this morning and then a visit to the US embassy is needed as our kiddo needs a transit visa. James and Presley will be landing in Detroit and because of that she needs this visa. Normally we don't go through the USA but this time around we had to. So this is an additional step in the paperwork that normally we don't have to do. Once the paperwork is submitted at the US embassy than James and Presley head off to the Canadian embassy to hand in the papers for her visa into Canada. I know you are saying..does the fun and paperchasing ever end..????

James is hoping that this will take a couple of hours as he hopes to go to the Silk Market or perhaps the Antique Market. He has the itch to buy and bargain. He was known last trip as "Mr. Cheapo" and he doesn't want to let anyone down this trip. I would still like him to get Presley and Jaden some leather shoes as well as look out for artwork for our home. He has ordered the calligraphy work with Presley's name in Chinese(LiJie) as we have one hanging in our home for each of our kids. He has also ordered a chop for Presley. He should be receiving those by the end of the week.

5 more nights until my James and Presley are home. I have 3 more days of work left and it is getting harder and harder to concentrate. I cleaned the house up a bit and am trying to getting everthing organized and buy some of her favorite foods so I have it on hand once the princess makes her grand arrival. She loves fish so I was out fish shopping..not something I do much of in our house...I was saying to James in our house if it doesn't say Captn Highligher on the box and smothered in ketchup...I don't know what to do...LOL

Oh well I guess it is time for me to learn and my girl loves seafood. She come from Dalian and that is the food of choice there.

Oh yeah..the cutest story James told me was..when they were eating lunch..Presley and Noah sat beside one another and with each sip of their tea they would clink cups and say chin chin..drink their tea and do it over and over. When Presley had no more tea...Noah took her cup and passed it to his Daddy to fill it up ..what a gentleman...James said once lunch was over they both got down and started arguing with one another...he said they looked just like an old married couple. What a hoot!

So that 's it for my update tonight...I will post when I have more info to pass along.

Hugs,

Karen

1 comment:

Julie said...

OMG!! That is soooo cute!! I can just bet how you are having trouble concentrating!!!

I love to eat fish! Wanna good trick? Just broil you fish with lemon, butter & S& P, then serve with a bit of Renee's dill salad dressing. YUMMO as Rachael Ray would say! :o)