Sunday, March 04, 2007

Shenyang here he comes....

Hi all,

Well I just got off the phone with James in Beijing..he is at the Poly Plaza Hotel and will soon be heading back to the airport for his flight to Shenyang....his flight is 1hr and 40 minutes so that is a hop skip and a jump compared to what he has done so far...

He is scheduled to meet Presley at Civil affairs at 2pm China time...so tonight while we are sleeping..or trying to....he will meet our angel for the first time. He is very anxious, tired and excited...the last pictures were got of her are over a year old. So I am sure she has changed a bit.

Presley has lived with her foster family for over 2 years and last week she was brought back to the orphanage..so I am sure she has had a tough week..the orphanage indicated to James it is easier for the parents to make the break with the foster family earlier instead of the day the parents arrive to meet their child. My heart breaks for all the heartache I am sure Presley has gone through. I am sure she has had a lot of sadness in the last week. Losing her family makes me so sad for her, she doesn't understand what this is all about and only knows that she has lost everything that she knew...hopefully the transition to her Daddy will be not too hard...he has done well in the past with Jagger and Jaden and we are hoping for it to go as well. Only time will tell. He is a great Dad and I am sure he will have her giggling and playing with him in no time. He has some experience behind him which helps a lot.

Presley and the orphanage staff will be leaving shortly from Dalian to take the train and make the 3.5 hour ride to Shenyang...and then the moment we have waited for for what seemed like so long will arrive. I doubt I will get much sleep tonight...and I will be waiting for the phone to ring.

I will update the blog once I get an update and of course will send pictures once I receive some. Of course he opened our laptop to try it out and it has a corrupted file in Windows it says..so he has trekked it all the way to China and it has a bad file...he checked it days before he left and all was ok. So I guess he will be using the good ole business center.

I can't wait to hear about our daughter and to see how her legs are, what her personality is like, to see her smile, laugh and all the wonder a child brings to ones life. The journey truly starts in 7.5 hours from now...Presley we are so close baby, your life will change forever in a few short hours. Mommy loves you so much and can't wait til you are in my arms.

Hugs,

Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you all! Please keep us all posted on how things are going! Cannot wait to read an update!!!!!

Hugs,
Jennifer&family

Anonymous said...

I have shivers just reading your latest blog. How wonderful! I hope Presley's transition goes as smoothly as possible, it is hard to imagine what she has gone through in her short life but these last hurdles are her gateway to her new family and new incredibly dynamic life...

Laura, Jimmy, Kate & Ben

blandfme69 said...

Oh, I am sooo excited! I keep saying, "Amar, James is in China now." "Amar, James will see Presley very soon."
"Oh yeah?!," he says...
We are very anxious to see a picture of James with his newest little girl... as I am sure you are, Karen! (I have to stop here or I'll need a Kleenex...)
You are in our hearts!
Melissa, Amar, Isaac, and Jonah

Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Wow! So close! Can't wait for an update! :)