Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Day 99 and a Tiny Update from Dalian

Good day everyone,

We were very lucky to get a tiny bit of an update this morning from Dalian thanks to Nancy and her friend James.

Here it is:

I got hold with Pan Yan(she is in charge of the adoptions at the orphanage) this evening.

She has been in contact with the foster family yesterday and Lijie’s situation is quite good. She can walk but with an abnormal gait.

Pan Yan said she will be the one who will bring Lijie to Shenyang to meet your sister (or brother-in-law). She got the letter from your sister and knows the intentions to visit Dalian. She got the approval from the orphanage leader that they can have a visit to the orphanage in Dalian where Lijie lives some of the time. Visiting the foster family might not be possible for some reasons (far away, Lijie lives there sometimes, orphanage assume the full responsibility, etc.)

So it was nice to have some tidbit of information. I am very thankful for those as it is what keeps me sane these days.

James is driving me crazy not knowing anything and when this will all happen. He is so worried about Lijie and how she is doing. He wants to go even though we have no TA yet.

Halloween was a blast! The kids were so excited and got a truck load of candy. I know one thing for sure, that next Halloween I will have Presley home and hopefully like her siblings she will be running up the driveways with bag in hand and yelling "Trick or Treat". We hope with her surgery that is imminent that she will be free of her pain and be able to run and play like all kiddies do.

We love you Presley...your brothers and sisters ask me everyday when you will be coming home. It is so hard not knowing what to answer. Soon...soon...soon...it wears very thin day after day.

It is already 12:36pm and no call from Formons(our agency)..I guess day 99 of the wait will turn to day 100...this no news is driving me bonkers.

A little bit of sunshine goes a long way....I keep telling myself that. Trying to be positive.

Karen

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Karen! Way to go on the blog! I am adding you to my "favorites". I heard that SN TA's were popping up in the US ...I sure hope you get it soon. Hang in there - God knows we adoptive parents have the patience of saints (NOT!) :o)
See you tonight in classs - can't wait to learn how to make those dumplings.

Julie

4D said...

Hey there!

I got all fingers and toes crossed that you hear something soon!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your TA didn't come in this week. The wait disappears once you get the paper, but until then....torture!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel