Saturday, November 25, 2006

Day 123 and still counting...the wait continues!


Hi all,

Many of you have asked if we had any news....and we have not heard anything at all...we just sit and wait and wait...
Our Christmas tree is up...the house is decorated...and in our minds we are trying to accept the fact that Presley will only be coming home in January...if it is longer than that I don't know what I will do...

I have to call The Shriners and now cancel her Dec 15th appointment ....if James doesn't leave Friday she will not be home for the 15th...the chances of him leaveing this Friday are almost 0...I guess I will try with a date in January...His chinese visa in his passport expries December 22nd....so it looks like we will have to be re-applying for that soon...and here I thought we would be gone mid October.

Christmas will be a little tough for us this year when the family is all together except for one...I know that Presley is happy with her foster family and on their part they are probably counting each day as a blessing that she is with them. They are dreading the day they will say their final goodbye to her as we are totally the opposite and so excited about seeing our little girl for the first time. I feel so bad that they will lose a little one they have loved for over 2 years. She is so much theirs. I know they know from the start that she could not be theirs and they knew in March of this year that she would hopefully be adopted internationally...but that does not make it easier for them to let her go...It is such a mix of emotions as one family mourns and the other is so happy..Our Presley will be heart broken I am sure....but hopefully she will adjust to us and her new brothers and sisters quickly....

I can't beleive in 4 weeks Christmas will be upon us....I keep thinking...in 5-6 weeks hopefully James will be on his way and soon...we will all be together. If we only knew...it will come in 5 weeks..it would make the wait so much more manageable...than the countdown could begin and I would feel so much better...the not knowing if the part that kills me.

A friend of mine told me to get a white candle as this sends postive thoughts and energy..so I went to Pier 1 on Thursday and bought a beautiful smelling candle and each night since buying it...we light it and keep it close to us...it moves from kitchen to family room...and will remain lit until Presley comes home. The light symbolizes a few things for us...the presence of our little girl....our hope that she is ok....and the sending of positive thoughts that soon she will be coming home.

Our kids even talk to the candle and send "Good wishes" to their sister.

Hey at this point of the waiting game...I have to try....it certainly doesn't hurt.

Our candle will burn bright each night until our angel is in her Daddy's arms.

Have a nice weekend everyone..it looks like a beautiful day out!

Karen

1 comment:

blandfme69 said...

Hi Karen,

The white candle is a great idea - I can feel her presence just imagining her candle lit and her brothers and sisters whispering love messages to her. It makes the heart feel all soft.

Presley will be in my prayers tonight.

Melissa