Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Day 85 of our wait....

Hi Presley,

I write to you today...perhaps it makes me feel a little closer to you. Some days you feel so far away and it feels like you will never make your way home. Jaden has been sleeping with your tu tu that I got for you and she says she is keeping your spot in the bed warm. Your room is ready for you, the suitcase is in Mommy and Daddy's room. Normally by this time in the wait Mommy has everything ready...but for some reason this time it just doesn't seem like it can come fast enough and I keep thinking...you have plenty of time. I think this weekend I will make it my plan to get everything organized and ready for the big trip to meet you. I need to do this..than once we do get that wonderful call that our TA has arrived..Daddy can be on his way quickly.

I look at your pictures all the time and wonder what your personality is like? Who is LiJie? In 2 of the 3 pictures we have of you..you look afraid or nervous. The other you are smiling and look very happy. I see your foster mom's hand in the picture so I know she is someone that you love very much. I can see in your face and smile that you love her very much. I look forward to the day when you look at me that way.

Another day passes and I keep telling myself it is one day closer to you coming home. Halloween is quickly approaching and your brothers and sisters are very excited. We are doing the final costumes. Kennedy is going to be a gruesome corpse bride, Jagger is a Ninja, Colby is an army man and Jaden will be a bumble bee. Madison is still undecided. Well that is Madison to a t...
We thought you would be home for Halloween but sadly it looks like you will not be home by than. Now we shoot to have you home for Christmas.

I don't even want to think that perhaps you still might be in China for Christmas. I am hoping mid November at the latest now.

I am writing on the blog as my personal therapy these days...I call the office at the adoption agency often and hearing there is no news makes my heart sink. I have to think to myself that the long wait is for a reason...who knows what though!

I love you Presley..hopefully soon Daddy will be on his way.
Wa Ai Ne!

Mommy

1 comment:

Jednet said...

I am sending you some positive vibes this morning Karen. Dawn is out with Éva and I was reading your Blog before to clean the house. I sure wish that you can hold Presley in your arms soon.
Good Luck,
J-P